Tuesday, June 3, 2014

5 Weeks of Fundraising Complete

I was trying to post our fundraising updates on Fridays, but I ended up getting too busy with the actual fundraising projects. Our weekend was full of me keeping Jewell occupied, so again no chance. I promise that I will try to be better about my updates.

Face painted.
We did go to the "Kickoff Celebration for the Summer Reading Program" at our local public library and attended an event called "Mad Science: Spin, Pop, Boom" on Saturday that was really fun. They had tons of activities for the kids, face painting, and a scavenger hunt. Jewell decided to try face painting and insisted the girl give her a beak, as well as a blue bird on her cheek.

Red Bird
White Dog
The "Mad Science" event was a cool show for the kids with a scientist that showed them chemical reactions between things like baking soda a vinegar. Luckily I brought fidgets to keep Jewell busy, but it didn't stop her from wanting to try and give the other kids bunny ears. Not sure why she keeps insisting on doing that.
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
On Sunday, we went swimming at Jewell's Mommom's house. She is very serious about her swimming, and I am thinking she may grow gills and turn into a fish... especially after being in the pool for 6 hours!
Jewell the Fish

Okay, back to the original point of this post!
For week 5 fundraising efforts:
  •  Eddie and I discussed the Yard Sale to benefit 4 Paws for Ability that we want to organize for September. The idea is to collect items to sell at a yard sale and donate all the proceeds to 4 Paws for Ability. Most of the items will not be priced and will be left to the customer to decide how much it;s worth.
  • We also discussed doing a 50/50 raffle. Winner gets half of the pot and the other half goes to 4 Paws.
  • I received the draft from Schnoodleware Dog Toys. They will be donating 20% of sales to 4 Paws, in honor of Jewell, just by using a special code.
  • I mailed out about 16 packets to local hospitals and various other businesses. 


No comments:

Post a Comment